|Working with Source Control in Team Foundation|
1. Open the Web Site in Visual Studio through the Solution Explorer
2. Right click on the item you want to modify
3. Click "Check Out for Edit"
4. Select the desired Lock Type
5. Click "Check Out" (the item should have a red checkmark next to it, meaning it's checked out)
6. After you are done with editing the file that was checked out, save it locally first, and then browse the Pending Changes pane
7. Click on the Check In (leave a comment in the "Comment:" field to briefly describe the changes you have done to this file). You can also right click on the item and then click "Check in"
8. The blue lock icon should replace the red checkmark
back to main page