WARP IIS WebDAV
Publishing to WebDAV:
1. NET USE * https://warp.senecac.on.ca/user_id
2. Authenticate as WARP/user_id and your password that you already use for WARP
3. Once authenticated you will be automatically mapped to next available last drive letter.
4. Launch Visual Studio create your local website/project, then publish to the mapped drive.
NOTE 1: You should develop the site locally (such as C:\Users\yourname), and then publish it to the remote server via WebDAV. That's what WebDAV is designed for, and what Microsoft expects you to utilize. If you develop/build/compile on the remotely mapped WebDAV shared drive you will get errors.
NOTE 2: Turn off IE’s automatic proxy settings detection, otherwise it will be very slow while publishing to the WebDAV share.
1. In Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
2. Select the Connections tab.
3. Click the LAN Settings button.
4. Uncheck the “Automatically detect settings” box.BACK